Internship with ECOLOGIA
Bridge Project Internship:
ECOLOGIA's Budapest project office is currently seeking candidates for
one month internship positions. First-round candidates will contribute
to on-going Internet-based environmental standards projects. Candidates
should possess a desire to promote the NGO sector and free access to information.
Knowledge of environmental science or ISO 14000, Internet navigation, and
html a plus.
Improving Access to Environmental Information
To apply, leave a letter of interest and summary of qualifications in
the CEU, Environmental Sciences and Policy office, Room 704, 9 Nador ut.,
1051 Budapest, for Shannon Simrell, Project Director. Email submissions
accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
include "Application" and your name
in the subject line. Applications for first round postions must be received
by Wednesday, 28 October 1998. The required interview will be between Thursday
29 October and Tuesday, 3 November. All applicants will be notified by
Thursday 5 November.
- Website development: updating and maintaining links, and adding new resources
to project WWW sites.
- Commitment to work with environmental not-for-profit organizations.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Work 15-20 hours per week.
- Attend regular meetings with supervisor.
- Apply knowledge of Internet-based resources by selecting, reviewing and
posting links to environmental project websites.
- Develop ECOLOGIA's E-Tip and/or ISO
14000 websites. Tasks include posting new links and information, drafting
technical information reviews, and providing general site maintenance.
Length and Terms of Internships
- Assist staff to develop the Roundtable Discussion Series.
- Assist with the development of a CEU student environmental interest group.
Positions will be offered in one month increments. If the work
is mutually satisfying, interns invited to stay for several periods may
receive a modest stipend. The setting is casual and work hours flexible.
Excellent learning experience and opportunity to contribute to ongoing